August 27, 2013 – Segment 3
Stay tuned for the latest edition of Sound Bites! Have you ever thought about starting your own farm? This week our topic is new farmers and Future Harvest/CASA’s (Chesapeake Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture) Beginner Farmer Trainer Program. We talk to:
- Cathy Tipper, Future Harvest/CASA Beginner Farmer Training Program Director;
- Shannon Dill, Senior Agent of Agriculture & Natural Resources at the University of Maryland & County Extension Director for Talbot County;
- David Paulk of Sassafras Creek Farm in Southern Maryland;
- Aleya Fraser, intern at Five Seeds Farm & Apiary;
- and Jack Gurley of Calvert’s Gift Farm in Sparks, Maryland.