April 17, 2013 – Segment 2
A recent Baltimore Sun article stated that seven prisoners have been killed in Maryland prisons within the past seven months. We’ll discuss that as well as efforts to curb violence in prisons with:
- Mark Vernarelli, Director of Public Information for the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services;
- Harold Bailey, an OSI Fellow who partners with the Tuerk House Recovery Centers to provide services to formerly incarcerated males;
- Dominque Stevenson, program director for the American Friends Service Committee;
- Wahid Shakur, an activist who was formerly incarcerated;
- and Joe Cassilly, Harford County State’s Attorney.