March 13, 2013 – Segment 3
We discuss the tragic killing of Jonylah Watkins, a 6-month-old who was shot in Chicago earlier this week. We discuss the youth violence in Chicago and Baltimore with:
- LaMarr Darnell Shields, President of the Urban Leadership Institute and founder of the PRAISE Academy;
- Dawnya Jackson, Junior at the Baltimore Freedom Academy and member of the Intersection;
- Bonnita Spikes, whose husband Michael was murdered in 1994, and who is now Murder Victims’ Family Members Organizer for CASE (Maryland Citizens Against State Executions);
- Corey Brooks, Pastor for New Beginnings Church in Chicago;
- and Phillip Jackson,Executive Director of the Black Star Project in Chicago.