June 2, 2014 – Segment 3
Our distinguished panel of guests will discuss and debate the issues raised in essayist Ta-Nehisi Coates’ “The Case for Reparations“:
- Dr. Nathan Connolly, Assistant Professor in the Department of History at Johns Hopkins University and author of A World More Concrete: Real Estate and the Remaking of Jim Crow South;
- Hughey P. Newsome, member of the national advisory council of the Project 21 black leadership network, member of the MoveOnUp.org black political network, and blogger at The Objective Citizenwww.theobjectivecitizen.com;
- Reniqua Allen, Emerging Voices Fellow at Demoswhere she writes for their PolicyShop blog, and former producer for Moyers & Company;
- Dr. Peniel Joseph, Professor of History at Tufts University and author of the award-winning Waiting ‘Til the Midnight Hour: A Narrative History of Black Power in America and Dark Days, Bright Nights: From Black Power to Barack Obama;
- and W. James Antle III, Editor of the Daily Caller News Foundation, Senior Editor of the American Spectator, Contributing Editor to the American Conservative, and author of the book Devouring Freedom: Can Big Government Ever Be Stopped?