It’s a new episode of Sound Bites, a show about the future of our food system. This week, we take a look at what’s happening with school lunch reform, examining trends across the country and in Baltimore City. We talk to:
- Janet Poppendieck, Professor Emeritus of Sociology at Hunter College and author of Free For All: Fixing School Food in America;
- Cheryl Carmona, Open Society Institute fellow who created the Greater Greenmount Trash and Recycling Campaign and co-founder of Boone Street Farm in East Baltimore;
- Bill Struever, former school board member who started the American Community Trust;
- Denzel Mitchell, founder and farm manager of Five Seeds Farm in Baltimore;
- and Matthew Hornbeck, Principal at Hampstead Hill Academy.