Today marks the 40th Anniversary of the historic Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion throughout the United States. Joining us to talk about the legacy of the decision and wrestle with the issues that surround this to this day are:
- Meshelle, the Indie Mom of Comedy and founder of Goaldiggers The Sankofa Project;
- Dr. Jodi Kelber-Kaye, Associate Director of the Honors College at UMBC and former faculty member in Gender and Women’s Studies at UMBC;
- Dr. Ruth Rosen, Professor Emerita of History at the University of California at Davis and author of The World Split Open: How the Modern Women’s Movement Changed America;
- Andrea Plaid, Associate Editor and Sexual Correspondent at Racialicious, an award-winning blog about race and pop culture;
- and Dr. Maggie Little, Director of Georgetown’s Kennedy Institute of Ethics and Associate Professor in the Department of Philosophy at Georgetown University.