October 31, 2013 – Segment 4
We close the show with a look at a Johns Hopkins School of Nursing study and program that is helping elderly low-income individuals to remain functional and continue to live in their homes. The program is called Community Aging in Place – Advancing Better Living for Elders, or CAPABLE. Joining us will be:
- Allysin Bridges, Senior Occupational Therapist with the CAPABLE program;
- Manka Nkimbeng, RN, Senior Nurse with the CAPABLE program;
- Dr. Sarah Szanton, Nurse Practitioner, Founder and Director of the CAPABLE program;
- Joyce Brumfield, CAPABLE program participant;
- and Janice Lynch Schuster, senior writer at Altarum Institute, who works with the Center for Elder Care and Advanced Illness to explore ways to make it safe to grow old.
To hear more and find out if you are eligible to participate in the CAPABLE program, call: 443-287-1584 and 410-502-8500.