February 20, 2013 – Segment 3
We listen back to a discussion we recorded earlier this year about the film Django Unchained, which is up for an Academy Award this weekend. We’re joined by:
- Co-host Anthony McCarthy;
- Janks Morton, filmmaker and founder of iYAGO Entertainment Group;
- Dr. Raymond Winbush, Director of the Institute for Urban Research at Morgan State University;
- Keli Goff, Political Correspondent for The Root and author of the books Party Crashing: How the Hip-Hop Generation Declared Political Independence and The GQ Candidate;
- and Farai Chideya, journalist, author, and radio host.